Should my business hire an editor?
Many businesses believe that editing is something they can do on their own. But if you've missed a typo or grammatical error in your first draft, there's a good chance you’ll miss it again when you go back to proofread. This is especially true when you’re in a hurry to send out an important email to a client or a newsletter to your database before rushing home to put the kids to bed.
Poor spelling and grammar can impact the success of your business. A prospect will never choose your business over another if your marketing materials are jam-packed with typos and poorly constructed sentences. In fact, studies reveal that a single spelling mistake on your website can cut your online sales in half!
Typos and grammatical errors tell potential customers that you're unprofessional, lazy and lack attention to detail. Having someone to look over your marketing materials before they are published will help you avoid embarrassing errors that may damage the reputation of your business.
Here are five reasons to hire a professional editor:
- You’ll have a fresh set of eyes to point out all the mistakes you’ve overlooked in your writing.
- Unlike a colleague who may hesitate to tell you what he or she really thinks, an editor will be objective.
- Rather than spending hours reading and re-reading your work, you’ll be free to move on to your next project.
- You’ll avoid the frustration that comes with proofreading, particularly if you’re not the best at it!
- You’ll have a professional, polished product that clearly and effectively communicates your brand.
To find out how we can help your business succeed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.